Sunday, September 23, 2012

[Personal Style] Pencil Skirt + Bow-tie...

Menswear seems like it can be a pretty easy trend to incorporate but the reality is that if you don't keep in mind the words "Menswear Inspired" you could be heading down the road of Frumpy at the intersection of Sloppy.



My trick to mastering this trend is always pairing menswear inspired pieces with feminine silhouettes.  I've paired an over-sized button down collar shirt with a pencil skirt.  The pencil skirt is a slim-fitting skirt with a straight and narrow cut.  This tailored shape adds that key element of femininity while at the same time elevating your look to a polished ensemble that can  be an instant night out with or brunchin' with the girls.



As I've always mentioned with all of my previous style posts, accessories are key.  Accessories set the tone for your look.  I chose my custom made ASSATA Designs bow-tie as the defining piece for my look.  Edgy, Comfy, Chic define my signature style and this bow-tie adds those key touches to this otherwise polished ensemble.



Love my look? Re-create it with my suggestions below:






No comments:

Post a Comment