Tuesday, September 11, 2012

[NYFW] Day 5: Farah Angsana Spring 2013 Collection!

This past Monday was my first exposure to the design prowess of Farah Angsana.  I've had a little bit of familiarity with her work because her beautiful gowns that have graced a number of red carpets.  Seeing her Spring 2013 collection definitely changed our relationship status from strangers to bosom buddies.

Flowing empire evening gowns adorned with stunning hand beaded bodices immediately had me wanting to plan a trip to the Greek island of Mykonos.  Each gown outshone the one before it and at first I couldn't place my finger on why and then it dawned on me, the beading.  Each gown showcased stunning and insanely beautiful hand beading.  To beautifully compliment the beading were Farah's choice of color palette. Although broad in choice (classic black, neutral nudes to bright & vibrant jewel tones) it was a perfect pairing based on the beading.  My definite favorite was the jaw dropping 3/4 sleeve shift dress completely covered in beading that was intricately designed in a beautiful print.

I'm definitely looking forward to following more of Farah's work and can't wait to see more of her pieces sashay their way down the red carpet!

Watch the Farah Angsana Spring 2013 collection show at Lincoln Center as a part of Mercedes Benz Fashion Week:



Check out my top looks from Farah Angsana's Spring 2013 Collection:




















No comments:

Post a Comment