Monday, April 23, 2012

Color Block Nails Louise Markey Style!

It's simple, color blocking is still very much a relevant trend for Spring 2012 and I've decided to take it to the next level and draw inspiration for my most recent manicure from Louise Markey's Spring 2009 collection.

Louise Markey Spring 2009 Collection, London Fashion Week

I chose 3 vibrant OPI nail polish colors to emulate one of Markey's signature color-blocked tiered cocktail dresses: Ski Teal We Drop, Kiss Me On My Tulips, and Who The Shrek Are You.

In color order pictured above: Ski Teal We Drop, Kiss Me On My Tulips, Who The Shrek Are You

The key to accomplishing this trend is to select at least 3 colors, but also to purposefully alternate the colors in a "random" order.



I encourage you to pick a color palette you are inspired by and try this color block nail trend!

1 comment:

  1. You already know how I feel about this! LOVE.
    Also, thanks for sharing the colors. That makes it easier for me to replicate. ;)

    ReplyDelete