Wednesday, January 9, 2013

[Personal Style] It's a Bright Winter!










Every year when January rolls around I usher in the new year, which in turn manifests this need for me to make a list of new resolutions I hope to achieve in the new year, but most importantly transition into a new color palette.  With Spring being right around the corner I begin to crave brighter, bolder and more vibrant colors.  The temps in Chicago during January are usually in single digits or negative double digits, so to help get into a warmer state of mind I've decided to make January a bright winter.

The Spring 2013 catwalks were filled with a bright, bold, vibrant color palette.  One designer in particular that just made my heart swoon with how effortless they presented this new trend is Tracy Reese. While many looks were head to toe color one definite reinterpretation of the color trend emerged.  The new take on the color trend for 2013 is the mixing of  bright, vibrant tones with neutrals.  Pairing my bright green sheen denim with a mix of neutral tones helps to highlight the brilliance of the hue while at the same time showcasing that bright, bold, vibrant colors are the new "black" for Spring 2013.













What I'm wearing: Andrew Marc Shearling Moto Jacket (Similar)/ Paper Denim & Cloth Button Down Top/ASOS Bright Colored Denim (Similar)/ 80%20 Boots-50% Off now!/ Alexander McQueen Clutch/DSQUARED2 (Similar)



No comments:

Post a Comment