Carey Mulligan on set in Sydney with Tobey Maguire and Leonardo DiCaprio. Right: A film still showing Mulligan and DiCaprio. Photo: Xclusive
It's difficult to say which came first--Baz Luhrmann's announcement that he was re-making The Great Gatsby or fashion's swing towards Twenties style. Either way, I’m enjoying the collision.
The Twenties-themed drop waists and beaded chiffon dresses littered the Spring/Summer 2012 catwalks, appearing at Ralph Lauren, Gucci and Etro to name a few.
|Ralph Lauren SP/SU '12|
|Etro SP/SU '12|
|Gucci SP/SU '12|
Want to start wearing this look now? Check out these gorgeous and glittery picks I've chosen as perfect wear now pieces:
- Anna Sui Embellished Tulle and Lace Dress
- Richard Nicoll Silk Chiffon & Velvet Dress
- Marc Jacobs Metallic Lame Dress
- Miss Selfridge Nude Embellished Dress
- Topshop Gold Beaded Dress