Saturday, October 1, 2011

[NYFW Recap] Althea Harper Spring 2012 Collection

Althea Harper is one of my favorite Project Runway alums. Sure, she’s stunning in person and has a charming personality, but she’s also one hard-working girl who knows fashion better than her appearance on the show let on.

It's mind boggling to me why her collections aren't given more attention because I truly belive that she’s got a lock on a sort of freewheeling, sexy, urban chic thing that I definitely have responded well to, but this is the first time I was able to attend one of her shows. Fashion Week makes it difficult to hit all the PR alum shows going on in New York at the time, but I was firmly committed to making it to this one and I'm so glad I did.

It’s a shame the venue was so dark, because the pictures aren’t as clear as they could be. Picking up on the trends of flowy prints and minimalist black and whites, this collection ranges from simple body-conscious pieces to more dramatically sexy and wearable prints. Like a lot of female designers, the clothes look like something Althea herself would wear (and she did, in fact wear one of the pieces for the show). That’s not necessarily a bad thing, since the customer she’s seeking is clearly similar to herself: a stylish, 20-something girl with a city sensibility and a desire to look sexy and confident.  I can not wait to wear the dress that Althea herself donned for special night.

Extra bonus for myself as a Chicago Fashion Blogger was not only attending this amazing show, but running into other fellow Chicago Fashion Bloggers.  I ran into Jena Gambaccini of Chi City Fashion and Daisy Medina of Velvet Dreams.

Photo Credit: Daisy Medina of Velvet Dreams

Althea Harper's Spring 2012 Collection:










Althea Harper with her models-Absolutely Gorgeous!

Look who I found! Daisy Medina of Velvet Dreams

Guess who else was there? The one and only Jena  Gambaccini of Chi City Fashion


Myself with Althea Harper, she is absolutely stunning in person!

No comments:

Post a Comment