Sunday, May 20, 2012

Pastel Ombre: 3.1 Phillip Lim Inspired Nails!

Style.com: 3.1 Phillip Lim Spring 2012 RTW Collection

When I first seen Phillip Lim's Spring 2012 RTW Collection I could not help but be inspired by the flirty and fun color palette.  Aside from the beautiful soft colors, I was mesmerized by the fluidity of the fabric.  Phillip Lim created such a stand out collection that was not only stunning in palette but made approachable by the easy-going and drapey silhouettes.  The relaxed and soft lines were a definite juxtaposition to the eye-popping colors.  What was even more bewitching about the colors were the selected combinations.  My by far favorite combination was the ensemble above.  Essie's color polishes were a perfect choice in replicating this pastel ombre color combination.

Essie Nail Polish: Playmate (Purple), Action (Orange), Lapis of Luxury (Blue)

I specifically chose Essie's Playmate (purple), Action, and Lapis of Luxury (blue).  I also decided to not turn this into a color blocking inspiration because the Phillip Lim ensemble was such a perfect pairing that the literal interpretation for the pastel color sequence was pure perfection.

See my manicure below:


I encourage you to not hold back on your inspiration and try out this pastel ombre color combination or any other set of colors that spark your creative juices! 

1 comment:

  1. Red color is my favorite. I like her all fashion . She is polished.I just love it. I would like them on my toe nail. Awesome.I always like nail polish for fashion. Hoping to have another one in reachable price.

    Here is an information to share for following fashion and trend . Just click on below to choose your preferable one.
    womens cashmere sweaters


    Bridesmaids Dresses

    ReplyDelete